Thank you for considering employment with Dania School.
We currently have 2 open positions:
To learn more and/or to submit your CV, please contact Christina Bek Larsen at 020 7607 4268 or [email protected].
Position 1: Reception Teacher
Apply by 1 June 2019
Job start: 1 September 2019
Location: Islington, North London
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Are you a creative thinker and inspiring teacher with speciality in the Early Ages?
Are you experimental and open-minded and enjoy working collaboratively?
We offer a unique opportunity to be a part of a growing school. You will be part of a team working towards creating a unique education for our children. Dania Scandinavian School is a bilingual independent school (ISA) with a Scandinavian ethos build around playful learning and outdoor experiences. We are looking to appoint a full time, permanent Reception Teacher.
- A unique Scandinavian learning ethos, where children develop their own passion for learning, and skills to learn for life.
- An opportunity to teach in a small school with highly motivated children.
- Staff who are committed to high quality teaching and learning.
- A committed team, supportive governing body, and an active and engaged parent group.
- A beautiful school located in Islington, with excellent connections via both Overground and Underground transit links.
- Amazing outdoor opportunities and play area.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an inspirational, qualified teacher with a proven track record in the Early Years Foundation Stage or equivalent.
- Fluent in English – spoken and written. A Scandinavian or other language fluency a strong plus.
- Have a passion and experience for innovative teaching and learning.
- Have a desire to capture the special nature and drive of the school, in its efforts to incorporate Scandinavian learning methods into a school adhering to the British curriculum.
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Have experience in innovative teaching methods.
Position 2: Swedish Teaching Assistant
Dania School in Islington is currently seeking to hire a native Swedish speaker who is interested in education to join our ideal candidate will show initiative relationships with younger children.
We can offer:
- A busy, but fun preschool and Reception setting (2-5 years old).
- Diverse working day with many opportunities to gain experience with children.
- Combined roles of Swedish language instruction and assisting the permanent staff with daily routines.
- Creating outdoor experience.
- Flexibility to accommodate schedule.
Qualified teachers and people looking for paid positions are welcome to send their CVs and motivated applications to Anne Hermann at [email protected]
All staff will undergo checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service and will have to undergo relevant safeguarding training.
Dania takes safeguarding of the pupils very seriously and will not allow any adults or supervisors on site without doing a thorough background analysis, including criminal and professional background checks on the said individuals.