Thank you for considering employment with Dania School.
We currently have 2 open positions:
To learn more and/or to submit your CV, please contact Christina Bek Larsen at 020 7607 4268 or [email protected].
Position 1: Maths and Sciences Teacher
Job start: 1 September 2019
Location: Islington, North London
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Are you a creative thinker and inspiring teacher who specialises in Math and Science? Are you experimental, open-minded and truly collaborative? Then we would love to hear from you.
At Dania Scandinavian School we inspire children to be active, confident, and responsible lifelong learners. With an individual approach to each child, we offer a small learning environment as well as focused group projects, spending lots of time outdoors.
Dania is a growing, multilingual independent school (accredited through Independent Schools Association) with a Scandinavian ethos built around playful learning and outdoor experiences. We are now looking to appoint a full time, permanent KS1 and KS2 Maths and Science Teacher. You will be part of a highly professional team working towards creating a unique education environment for our children.
- A proven track record, and an inspirational and fun teaching style
- Fluency in English and ideally other languages too
- A real desire to play a key part in building a Scandinavian school ethos whilst adhering to a British curriculum
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Experience of innovative teaching methods
- A real passion for teaching and learning
- A positive and engaged working environment
- Motivated children and parents
- Market appropriate pay and benefits.
- A fantastic location in Islington.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious and focused team that is truly dedicated to making a difference.
If you would like to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, please send your CV and a short cover letter to You are also welcome to call Head teacher Christina Bek Larsen on 020 7607 4268 for an informal discussion.
Position 2: Swedish Teaching Assistant
Dania School in Islington is currently seeking to hire a native Swedish speaker who is interested in education to join our ideal candidate will show initiative relationships with younger children.
- A busy, but fun Preschool and Reception setting (2 to 5 years old).
- Diverse working day with many opportunities to gain experience with children.
- Combined roles of Swedish language instruction and assisting the permanent staff with daily routines.
- Creative outdoor experience.
- Flexibility to accommodate schedule.
Qualified teachers and people looking for paid positions are welcome to send their CVs and motivated applications to Anne Hermann at [email protected]
All staff will undergo checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service and will have to undergo relevant safeguarding training.
Dania takes safeguarding of the pupils very seriously and will not allow any adults or supervisors on site without doing a thorough background analysis, including criminal and professional background checks on the said individuals.