Thank you for considering employment with Dania School. We have 1 position open and are always open to volunteer help or keeping your CV on record should a position open
Headteacher Dania School
Due to the current post holder being appointed Headmaster at one of Britain’s leading Prep Schools, a unique opportunity to develop and lead a recently opened extra small Scandinavian/British Fusion school has arisen. Dania School incorporates the ideals and practices of Danish pedagogy with the high standards and expectations of the British national curriculum. The School currently has 24 pupils from ages 3-11. Dania School has recently become an accredited member of the Independent Schools Association and is regulated by the Independent Schools Inspectorate.
Do you want to lead a school which is passionate about giving children the right start in life? Do you want to share your outstanding ideas, ambition and drive for excellence to take this school to the next level?
• A unique Scandinavian learning ethos, where children develop their own passion for learning, and skills to learn for life
• An opportunity to lead and shape a small school with highly motivated children
• A chance to lead a team with Danish, European and British trained teachers, to offer a broad based and varied learning platform for our children
• Staff who are committed to high quality teaching and learning
• A strong commitment to staff professional development
• A committed, supportive Governing Body and a very active and engaged parent group
• A beautiful school location in the heart of London and an absolutely amazing outdoor play area
The successful candidate will:
• Be an inspirational leader with a proven track record of effective leadership and raising standards
• Have a passion for teaching and learning with high expectations of staff and pupils
• Have or be willing to develop a knowledge of Scandinavian teaching styles, as well as having experience of the British school system
• Have a desire to capture the special nature and drive of the school, in its efforts to incorporate Scandinavian learning methods into a school adhering to the British curriculum
• Have excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
• Be committed to developing and empowering staff, ensuring continual professional development, support and trust
• Continue to build on positive relationships with parents, governors and the wider community
• Have experience in innovative teaching methods
• Take our school through expansion and continued improvement
• Have an in depth knowledge of safeguarding and other areas of regulatory compliance
• Have direct pupil teaching commitment of 15hrs/week
• Ideally, have worked in/had exposure to an ISA School
Dania School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A criminal record check via the DBS will be undertaken for the successful candidate. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
Applications close: Sunday 29th January 2017 – Job start September 2017
Interviews: Saturday 4th February 2017
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 (Dependent on experience)
Location: Central London
Visits to the school are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the current Headteacher, Sandy Mathewson, by email: email@example.com
Our school website is: http://www.daniaschool.com
To apply, please sent a CV and covering letter (including 2 referees) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dania School and our children look forward to meeting you!
However we occasionally recruit volunteers to support the team – if you would like to offer your assistance or expertise please e-mail your resume directly to email@example.com
Qualified teachers and people looking for paid positions are welcome to send their CVs and motivated applications to Sandy Mathewson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All staff will undergo checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service and will have to undergo relevant safeguarding training.
Dania takes safeguarding of the pupils very seriously and will not allow any adults or supervisors on site without doing a thorough background analysis, including criminal and professional background checks on the said individuals.