Created: June 2013
Reviewed & approved by Board: 26th April 2017
Next Review: April 2018
Live Document covering staff currently employed
1 The register (referred to in regulations 12 (7) and 24 (7)) must contain the following information:
- a) a check was made to establish the person’s identity
- b) a check was made to establish that the person is not barred from regulated activity relating to children in accordance with section 3(2) of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 or subject to any direction made under section 142 or EA 2002 or any prohibition, restriction or order having effect as such a direction
- c) checks were made to establish that the person meets the requirements with respect to qualifications or registration mentioned in regulation 2 (3)(a);
- d) an enhanced criminal record certificate was obtained in respect of the person;
- e) further checks were made pursuant to regulation 12(4) or 24(4), the case may be;
- f) a check was made to establish the person’s right to work in the United Kingdom
- g) the date on with each such check was completed or the certificate obtained
2 In relation to any person supplied by an employment business to work at the school-
- a) the register must state whether written notification has been received from the employment business that –
- it has made checks corresponding to those which paragraph 1(a) to (c), (e) and (f) require to be recorded in relation to a member of staff of a school; and
- it or another employment business has applied for an enhanced criminal record certificate or have obtained such a certificate in response to an application made by that or another employment business; and
- b) the date on which such a notification was received.
3 Where written notification has been received from the employment business in accordance with a contract or other arrangements made pursuant to regulation 18(5) that it has obtained and enhanced criminal record certificate which disclosed any matter or information, or that information was provided to in accordance with section 113B(6) or PA 1997, whether the employment business provided a copy of the certificate of the school.
4 It is immaterial for the purposes of paragraph 1 whether the check was made or certificate obtained pursuant to a legal obligation.
5 The register may be kept in electronic form, provided that the information so recorded is capable of being reproduced in legible form.
At Dania School we also recognise the importance of the Equality Act 2010. This replaced and unified all existing equality legislation such as the Race Relations Act, Disability Discrimination Act and Sex Discrimination Act. It aims to ensure that all people (pupils/teachers/parents/family/visitors etc) have equality of opportunity in accessing and experiencing the life of the school. When carrying out our day to day work, we should have regard to the following:
- eliminating discrimination
- advancing equality of opportunity
- foster good relations across all people, whatever their characteristics may be
1 Legislation: Independent School Standards Regulation 2010
2 Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006
Written by Mike Papesch: Trustee: October 2014
Reviewed: March 2016
|This policy was adopted on||Signed on behalf of Dania School||Date for review|